Tuesday, February 3, 2009

It's hard times befallen The sole survivors

began the day with ali farka toure
a nice start
again the search, to no avail
gave up just in time for a wonderful brunch with a wonderful friend
then music at his place:
witness the virgin coupling of another beautiful old string synth circa 1973 with the taal tarang D.
amazing
add some clavinet/another drum machine track/mono lead/fabricated orch hit and man do you
have a winner (with a bit of arranging)
odd, it is hard times but my soul does not feel as crushed as it might.
i will say that not having to wake up @ 7 is a blessing at least temporarily

symphonizers soothe the savage beast

1 comment:

  1. I always wondered what they were saying in that song. Hard times befallen sole survivors. I remember singing along, but it was more like nonsense words/syllables. I think I thought it was "soul" survivors.

    ReplyDelete